- 2 cups finely ground rice flour
- 2 tbsp plain white flour
- 2 tbsp fresh grated coconut (available frozen in most Asian stores)
- 1 400 gm tin coconut milk
- ½ cup hot water
- 1 tbsp dry yeast
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon roughly ground cardamom seeds
- oil - for fyring
- Mix rice flour, grated coconut, and the coconut milk and hot water to form a thick paste.
- Add the sugar, cardamom and yeast and mix well.
- Cover and leave over night
- Heat a pan, add a drop of oil and pour in the batter.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, and flip the vitumbua.
Tanzanian dish, made from rice flour, coconut, yeast and cardamon.