Kolkata Fish Curry And Empanadas by Chef Saadat Siddiqui
Ingredients for Empanadas:
- Butter(room temperature) - 1/2 cup
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Flour - 2 1/2 cups
- Egg - 1
- Vinegar - 1 tbsp
- Cold Water - 1/4 cup
Ingredients for filling:
- Medium Sized Onion - 1
- Chopped Garlic - 1 1/2 tsp
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Boiled and shredded chicken - 1 cup
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Zeera powder - 1 tsp
- Boiled Potato - 1
- Chopped Green chilies - 2 or 3
- Chili Sauce - as required
- Chopped Coriander - as required
- Mix all the ingredients for Empanadas and make a dough.
- Make sure that you use your finger tips to knead the dough otherwise butter will melt.
- Keep the dough in a hot place for an hour, then take it out and make small circles out of it.
- For filling, heat oil, add onions and mix till they turn soft.
- Now add chopped garlic, boiled and shredded chicken, salt, zeera powder and mix well.
- Now add boiled potatoes and cook till the water gets evaporated.
- Now add green chilies, chili sauce and chopped coriander.
- Mash it with your hands and then put in the center of the circles.
- Now hold the circle from one side and fold it like a semi circle.
- Remember to dip your finger tips in water while folding.
- With the help of a folk press 1 side of the semi circle.
- Bake on 200c and serve hot.
Ingredients for fish:
- Fish (surmae) - 3 pieces
- Yogurt - 2 tbsp
- Zeera Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
Ingredients for curry:
- Oil - 1 cup
- Yogurt - 1 cup
- Methi daana - 7 to 8
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tbsp
- Red chili powder - 1 tsp
- Chopped Coriander leaves - as required
- Imli pulp - as required
- Chopped Green Chilies - as required
- Marinate fish with all the ingredients for fish and fry it in a little oil.
- For curry, heat oil and add ginger garlic paste, Methi daana, red chili powder and yogurt.
- Now mix the fish in it and cook till the oil comes up.
- Add Imli pulp and green chilies.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Kolkata Fish Curry is an Indian Cuisine and is prepared with Surmai Fish, Yogurt and Basic Ingredients. Empanadas is prepared with Butter and Maida, stuffed with Chicken and Green Chilies and served as Side Dish.