- 1 rib eye steak
- Olive oil
- 2 red peppers
- ½ tsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp small capers
- 1 spring onion
- Mayonnaise to serve
- 1 lemon
- Season the steak and heat a heavy frying pan to very hot. Add 1 tsp oil and cook the steak until browned on both sides, but still rare in the middle.
- Put it on a plate to cool.
- Grill the peppers until the skin is black, then peel and seed them, carefully retaining all the juices. Tear the pepper into strands and season with the vinegar, sea salt, pepper and 1 tbsp olive oil. Allow to marinate.
- Slice the beef finely and layer in a dish with the peppers, sprinkling with capers.
- Finely slice the spring onion and scatter over the top. Pour over the remaining juices from the peppers and serve with mayonnaise on the side and lemon wedges to squeeze over.
Grilled rib eye with roasted peppers