Reshmi Chicken Biryani Recipe
Reshmi Chicken Biryani is very tasty biryani. Try this biryani at home for change.
- Boneless chicken cubes 1-1/2 kg
- Onion paste 4 medium
- Coconut milk 3/4 cup
- Ginger paste 1-1/2 tbsp
- Garlic paste 1-1/2 tbsp
- Green chilies paste 3 tbsp
- Red chili powder 1-1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder 1-1/2 tbsp
- Roasted & crushed cumin seeds 2-1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder 1-1/2 tsp
- Yogurt 2 cups
- Salt to taste
- Oil 1-1/2 cup
- Rice 1 kg
- Kewra water 2-1/2 tbsp
- Yellow food color 1/3 tsp
- Green chilies sliced 5
- Coriander leaves as required
- Salt to taste
- For chicken: Put chicken cubes, ginger paste, garlic paste, coconut milk, red chilies paste, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin seeds, garam masala powder, yogurt and salt in bowl and marinate chicken nicely for 1 hour.
- Now heat oil in pot, put onion paste and fry it on high flame until it color changes.
- Now add marinated chicken and mix it.
- Then bring to boil on high flame.
- Now cover it and cook on low-medium flame until chicken is cooked and oil comes on top.
- Then add green chilies, coriander leaves, mix it nicely and close flame.
- For rice: Boil rice with 3 tbsp salt until 80% cooked.
- Now put chicken, boiled rice, kewra water and yellow food color in large pot, cover it and cook on high flame for 5 minutes.
- Then simmer it on low flame for 5 minutes and remove from stove.
- Now mix it, take put in serving dish and serve hot with raita and salad.
Reshmi Chicken Biryani is tasty biryani. Chicken is marinated with yogurt, coconut milk & spices and cooked in oil. Then cooked again with boil rice & yellow food color and simmered. Serve with raita and salad.