Chicken Haleem Recipe
- Chicken 1-1/2 kg to 2 kg
- Wheat 1/2 kg
- Oil 1 cup
- Boiled chana daal 1 cup
- Finely chopped onions 3
- Yogurt 1/2 cup
- Turmeric 1 tsp
- All spice powder 1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Red chili powder 1 tbsp
- Sweet soda 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil 2 cups
- Finely chopped onion 3
- Finely chopped coriander leaves 1 bunch
- Finely chopped mint leaves 1 bunch
- Lemons 8
- Finely chopped green chilies 10
- Roasted & crushed white cumin 2 tbsp
- All spice powder 2 tbsp
- Finely chopped ginger 4 tbsp
- Wash chicken, cut into 14 pieces and cook with 3 cups water on medium flame.
- Also add oil, turmeric, red chili powder, salt, ginger garlic paste, all spice powder and onion.
- When water dries, put yogurt and roast it slightly.
- Now wash wheat, soak for 3-4 hours, then take out water, cook in fresh water, add oil and stir with wooden spoon.
- Then put sweet soda, when they combines together, put in chicken, add water and cook it.
- When wheat and chicken are mixed together, grind chana daal, add in chicken and keep pot on tawa.
- After 15 minutes, add serving ingredients and simmer it.
- Then give bhagar of oil and onions and serve.
Chicken Haleem is common and popular main course dish in Pakistan. It is cooked in many different methods. You can prepare it with mutton or beef.