Murgh Cholay Recipe
Mar 28, 2017
Murgh Cholay is traditional dish of Lahore, Pakistan. It is commonly eaten in breakfast with naan. You must try this recipe at home.
- Chicken 1/2 kg
- Boiled chickpeas 250 gm (soaked overnight)
- Onion chopped 2
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Fenugreek seeds 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder 1 tbsp
- Cumin powder 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1 ts
- Coriander powder 1 tsp
- All spice powder 1 tsp
- Yogurt beaten 250 gm
- Chopped tomatoes 3
- Small cardamom 4
- Salt to taste
- Green chilies 3-4
- Coriander leaves as required
- Oil 2 cups
- Heat oil in pan, put onions and fry until brown.
- Then put ginger garlic paste and fenugreek seeds and roast it.
- Then put chicken and fry until it color changes.
- Then put small cardamom, turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, 1/2 tsp all spice powder and tomatoes and roast it.
- Then add yogurt, mix it nicely and cook it.
- Then add chickpeas and salt after 6-7 minutes, cover it and cook until chickpeas and chicken tender.
- Then out 1/2 tsp all spice powder, green chilies and coriander leaves and close stove.
- Then take out in dish and serve with rice or naan.
Murgh Cholay is delicious and tasty dish. Chicken is cooked with tomatoes, yogurt spices and yogurt. Then green chilies, coriander leaves & all spice powder is added and take out in dish. Serve with hot naan or rice.