- 750gms chicken
- salt to taste
- 2 tsp garlic paste
- 2 tbsp yoghurt
- 1 tsp red chilli paste
- saffron a pinch
- 5-6 tbsp cashew nut paste
- 4-5 tbsp oil
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 4-5 cloves
- 2 tbsp onion paste
- In a bowl, combine chicken pieces and add salt, garlic paste & yoghurt. Also add red chilli and cashew nut paste and saffron dissolved in water. Mix all the ingredients well.
- In a pan, heat oil. Then add bay leaves, cloves & onion paste.
- Add garlic paste once the onion becomes brown.
- Now add already marinated chicken pieces and cook. After the chicken is properly cooked, add cashew nut paste & saffron dissolved in water.
- Mix all the ingredients.
- Chicken Zaafrani is ready to be served with rice.
A traditional chicken dish for all those special occasions