Gujarati Daal by Zarnak Sidhwa
- Arhar daal 1 cup
- Mustard 1 tsp
- Cumin 1/2 tsp
- Sugar 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder 2 tsp
- Curry leaves 7-8
- Cloves 2
- Cinnamon 1
- Salt 1 tsp
- Chopped green chilies 2
- Coriander leaves chopped few
- Tamarind 1/2 cup
- Ghee 1 tbsp
- Put soaked arhar daal with salt and turmeric in pressure cooker and cook it.
- Then crush cloves and cinnamon.
- Now heat ghee in pan and add cumin and mustard.
- When mustard crackles, add curry leaves.
- Then put green chilies and coriander leaves and cook it.
- Now add cloves and cinnamon with arhar daal.
- Then add tamarind and sugar after few minutes, simmer it for 5 minutes, remove from stove, garnish with coriander leaves and serve.
Gujarati Daal is an Indian Dish. It has spicy, sweet & sour taste. It can be prepared with arhar daal or tuvar daal. Must try this recipe at home.