- 1 pound crabmeat
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp minced onions
- 2 tbsp minced parsley
- 6 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups freshly made bread crumbs
- 1/4 pound butter
1/4 cup vegetable oil
- In a large mixing bowl mix together the crab, egg, mustard, cayenne, onions, parsley, mayonnaise, and lemon juice.
- Mix well, using your hands, and taste and correct seasonings as you are mixing the cakes. The mixture should have a little bite and sparkle of flavor to round out the crab.
- Pat the crab mixture into about 12 small cakes. Spread the crumbs on a piece of wax paper.
- Heat the butter and oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Coat the cakes in crumbs on all sides, then put them in the hot fat and fry until golden, turning so all sides are crisp and brown 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve hot.
These delicious crab cakes are easy to prepare and will be a hit with family and guests--they are great as a main dish or appetizer.