Apple tree and humans have a long traced history to which we all connect in one or the other way. No doubt apple is said to be on the top of the healthiest fruits and the phrase “An apple a day keeps the doctor away” has proved itself right several times. Apple and Apple juice both have an extended list of health benefits. Let us look into the Apple juice benefits and find out the nutrition facts along with some interesting recipes we can make with apple juice.
Nutrition Facts related to Apple juice
Serving size: 6 OZ of apple juice
The above mentioned serving size of Apple juice contains 87 calories from which 97.9% are carbs and 2.1% fat. 6 OZ of Apple juice contains 5mg of Sodium and 20 grams of sugar. The values are based on the 2000 calories diet.
Apple Juice Benefits
A research study shows that most of the people drink apple juice in breakfast. Apple juice is rich in Vitamins and contains nutrients our body needs to fight diseases. Let us explore a few Apple juice benefits and find out what our glass of Apple juice actually serves us.
- Apple juice contains an ample amount of Vitamin A and C. Vitamin A helps to improve vision as it contains beta-carotene. On the other hand Vitamin C is a good source of anti oxidant and makes our immune system strong. The anti oxidants are said to help in cancer prevention. Other vitamins found in Apple juice in comparatively small proportion are Vitamin K, Vitamin E, Vitamin B1, B2 and B3.
- Apple juice is a good source of fiber, both soluble and insoluble. Apple juice contains pectin which not just flushes the toxic materials from the body but also keeps the intestine in good health and helps in relieving perpetual constipation.
- The insoluble fiber in apple cleans the intestinal track and clears the way for food to travel easily through the digestive system
- Few researches have shown that Apple juice can help in increasing brain power and heals memory loss problems. (discussed below in detail)
- Apple juice benefits the skin too. The minerals such as iron, magnesium, zinc, phosphorus, copper and chlorine makes your skin glow and gives your nails and hair a healthy look.
- The potassium in apple juice makes the bones healthy and reduces arthritis symptoms.
- The sugar content in Apple juice acts as an instant source of energy.
- See how Apple juice benefits for the smokers. Surprised? If you are a smoker (which is not good for health), you should drink apple juice so that the anti oxidants can detoxify and clean your lungs so you can breathe easily.
Apple Juice and Alzheimer’s disease
Human brain has a chemical which is important for a healthy brain and for the memory power. The chemical is called “acetylcholine” which if goes below the required level can cause Alzheimer. A study conducted few years back showed that apple juice can help in maintaining the acetylcholine’s level in the brain. This means a healthy brain which can function well for a longer period now. The experiment was conducted on mice which were fed with apple juice and showed a positive response. Researchers believe that the effects will be same on adults and taking 2 glasses of Apple juice can be good for your health. So the phrase again goes perfect here “An apple a day keeps the doctor away”.
Interesting Apple Juice finding
The foam or cloud on the top of the apple juice is often ignored or filtered while serving. Do you know what are you filtering away? The apple juice foam has a higher proportion of antioxidants in compare to the juice that rests below it in the glass. The filtration removes some healthy elements of the apple juice such as fiber and vitamin. So next time you have your Apple juice make sure to have it with the foamy cloud that has a health value attached.
Tip to find the right Apple Juice
Fresh unfiltered apple juice is the best choice as we have already ready above that filtration or any other artificial process like heating and pressurizing takes away the nutrients from the juice and you will not get the actual apple juice benefits. If you are opting for the packed apple juice, read the label for “100% Apple juice” or “Pure” Apple juice and also read the sugar content in the juice or else you will be drinking the flavored drink with lots of sugar and the result is weight gain.
Interesting Apple juice combinations
Apple juice benefits can be enjoyed by having them pure or mixed with different exotic and yummy flavors. We have some yummy recipes at Zaiqa which you will surely love.
- Apple and Tomato Juice
- Yummy Apple Juice
- Carrot Apple Juice
- Apple Mocktail
You can also benefit from the apple juice by adding it in different dishes like apple flavored caramel popcorns, Apple honey drumsticks, apple desserts and cupcakes.