Diwani Handiya, Matka Kulfi And Roghni Roti by Shireen Anwer
Apr 06, 2012
This video has been removed due to copyright issues.
Ingredients for Diwani Handiya:
- Spinach, Soya, Fenugreek leaves 1/2 kg (mix)
- Mutton 1/2 kg
- Onion 4 sliced
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Turmeric 1/4 tsp
- Chilli powder 1-1/2 tsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Oil 1/2 cup
- Pluck the leaves of all the greens, discard the stems and wash well.
- Blanch the greens in half cup water and blend.
- Heat oil and fry onions till light golden. Add ginger garlic paste along with salt, turmeric and chilli powder.
- Add 1/4 cup water and fry well. Add mutton and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add 2 cups water and cover. Cook till the mutton is tender.
- Add in the blended greens, cook on low flame till oil comes on top, serve hot.
Ingredients for Matka Kulfi:
- Almonds 1/2 cup
- Condensed milk 3/4 cup
- Whipped cream 1/2 cup
- Powderd cardamom 1 pinch
- Pistachios chopped few
- Saffron 1 pinch
- Mix all the ingredients except for the pistachios and saffron in a large bowl.
- Beat the mixture for about 2-5 minutes until soft over a bowl of ice.
- Now put this mixture in a conical mould.
- Sprinkle it with chopped pistachios and saffron.
- Keep in the freezer for about 8 to 10 hours.
- Mutka Kulfi is ready.
Ingredients for Roghni Roti:
- Flour 3 cups
- Ghee 3 tbsp heaped
- Milk 1/2 cup
- Cream 3 tbsp
- Salt 1 tsp leveled
- Sugar 1 tbsp
- Yeast 1 tsp
- Extra ghee for brushing
- Mix salt, sugar, yeast and ghee with flour till it resembles bread crumbs.
Add milk and cream and knead to a soft dough, cover and leave aside for 2 hours.
- Divide the dough into 8 portions, take 1 portion between your palms, roll into a ball, lightly dust the ball with flour, place in a table, roll it out to a disc of about 6 inches.
- Repeat this step with all the portions of dough.
- Heat a griddle, place the roti, cook for 1 minute on each side until light golden and crisp.
- Remove and brush with ghee. Serve with diwani handiya.
Recipe of Diwani Handiya, Matka Kulfi And Roghni Roti by Shireen Anwer in Masala Mornings on Masala Tv
You must be logged in to comment
Division of: Avonix.com