Sohan Halwa Recipe
Dec 09, 2017
Sohan Halwa is traditional sweet dish in Afghanistan, Iran, India and Pakistan. It is very popular sweet dish of Multan. You can make it at home easily.
- Corn flour 1 kg
- Sugar 1 kg
- Almonds 1/2 kg
- Pistachios 200 gm
- Green cardamom 100 gm
- Milk 2 cups
- Water 4 liters
- Saffron 2 tsp
- Ghee 1 kg
- Heat 2 liter of water in pan, add sugar and boil for 5 minutes.
- Then add milk in other pan and boil more for 5 minutes.
- Then remove sugar mixture from flame and strain through muslin cloth.
- Then add remaining water and sugar syrup in milk.
- Now dissolve 1 tsp saffron in warm water and put in milk.
- Then dissolve corn flour in water, add in milk mixture and cook on low flame.
- When corn flour is thick, add 1 tbsp ghee.
- Now add remaining ghee slowly during cooking to prevent it from sticking to pan.
- Then mix it nicely.
- As ghee separates, put green cardamom, half almonds and half pistachios.
- Then grease tray with oil.
- Then spread halwa on it and flatten it with wooden spoon.
- Then garnish with remaining almonds and pistachios and cool it.
- Then cut into square pieces and serve.
Sohan Halwa is mouth-watering sweet dish. Sugar & water are boiled. Milk is boiled separately and cooked with water, sugar syrup, dissolved saffron & dissolved corn flour. Then cooked in ghee and mixed with green cardamom & nuts. Then spreaded on tray, garnished with nuts, cooled and served in square pieces.