Khau Muk Kai Recipe
May 06, 2016
- Chicken 1/2 kg
- Rice 300 gm
- Curry powder 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder 1 tbsp
- White pepper powder 1
- Garlic paste 3 tbsp
- Cinnamon 4-5
- Star anise 4-5
- Lemons 4-5
- Fried onion 2
- Chinese salt 1/2 tsp
- Oil 1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
- For chicken: Put oil or ghee in pot, add star anise and cinnamon and crackle it.
- Now put 2 tbsp garlic paste and fry it.
- Then put chicken, turmeric powder, curry powder, salt and Chinese salt and roast it.
- Now put water and cook until chicken tender.
- Then separate chicken, strain mixture and keep stock aside.
- For rice: Put oil in other pot, put star anise, crackle it, add 1 tbsp garlic paste and cook until aroma of garlic comes.
- Now put chicken stock, add rice and fried onion.
- When rice is ready, keep chicken and simmer it.
- Then take out rice first in platter.
- Then put onion, fried onion and lemon juice and serve.
Khau Muk Kai is Thai Cuisine. It is Thai-Muslim dish, prepared with chicken and rice. Chicken and rice are cooked separately and then mixed. You must try this dish.