Chilled Orange-Carrot Soup
Nov 06, 2009
- 3/4 tsp Ginger, grated
- 8 Carrots, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup green onions, white parts only, sliced
- 3 tbsp Margarine
- 4 cup Vegetable broth
- 2 cup Orange juice
- White pepper
- 1 Orange, halved and sliced
- 10 Mint sprigs
- Sauté ginger, carrots and leeks in margarine until the leeks are tender, about 4 minutes.
- Add 3 cups of broth, cover and simmer until the carrots are tender, about 35 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Place in food processor and puree until smooth.
- Return to pot, stir in remaining broth and half the orange juice.
- Add remaining juice (1 tbsp at a time) until the consistency is that of a thin soup. Season and chill.
- Serve garnished with orange slices and mint sprigs.
This chilled orange carrot soup is perfect for all seasons