Ramadan keeps the tradition alive and the fruit vendors along with the food stalls take their places at the time of iftar and there is a continuous rush at these stalls and eating places. The restaurants offer special deals and packages for Sehri and iftar in the holy month of Ramadan. The religious activities are also on its peak along with the prices of the basic food items. The month of Ramadan brings in a lot of excitement, blessings, peace, and food treats and even before the month actually starts people start planning on what special to cook throughout the month despite of the rising prices. Ramadan menu ideas and food recipes are being searched through the internet, books and magazines. In this article we tried to compile the scrumptious and delicious Ramadan menu ideas to make your cooking experience amusing and relaxed.
Pre-Dawn meal or Sehri ideas
This is the time when the fast begins and you need to eat food which can provide you with energy that can last till the time of breaking your fast. Eating and drinking a lot is not the right way to start your fast. Instead you should select the correct amount and type of food. Choose food that is digested slow and provides energy for a longer period. Healthy sehri menu can be a combination of Protein and Fiber containing foods like beans, meat and eggs for protein and fruits, yogurt, grains and vegetable for fiber.
1. Paratha Stuffed with eggs:
- Whole wheat 1 cup
- Water (according to the requirement)
- Egg 1
- Oil 1 tbsp.
- Salt as per taste
- Black pepper ½ tsp. (optional)
- 1 tsp. Red chili powder or as per taste
- Onion and coriander chopped (optional)
Knead flour well by mixing flour, salt and water and keep it aside to set. Take a bowl and in one egg add salt, pepper, fine chopped onion, coriander and chili powder. Now mix all well and keep it aside to be used later. Take the flour u kneaded and make two balls out of it. Now make it flat like a roti and brush a little oil on it. Now you have two flat roti and a mixture of egg. Pre heat the pan and add 1tbsp oil on it and place one flat round roti on the pan let it cook a little from one side and pour in the egg mixture in the middle of the roti and it will start to spread all around. Now immediately place the other roti on the top and make it stick with the egg mixture and the already half cooked roti in the pan. Put the flame on low heat and turn the paratha upside down while adding a little more oil so the egg inside is cooked well. When the paratha is golden brown from both sides it is ready to serve.
2. Rice pudding with dates:
- Servings: 6 (192 calories per serving)
- White rice 2 cups (cooked)
- Chopped dates 15 pieces
- Sugar 3 tbsp. or as per taste
- Milk 2 cups
Put milk on the stove
Now add sugar and dates
Roughly blend already cooked rice in a blender
Pour the blended rice in the milk and cook over low heat
Cook for about 2o minutes or till the dates become soft and tender
Serve it warm or put aside to cool down (as per taste).
Other Ramadan sehri menu ideas:
3. Vegetable omelet: http://www.zaiqa.com/recipe/16707/mix-vegetable-omelette-cake-jasmine-honey-tea-and-cherry-chip-cake-by-chef-tahir-chaudhry
4. Special Sehri Qeema: http://www.zaiqa.com/recipe/5937/jhat-pat-sehri-qeema-and-chinna-lemon-fizz-by-rida-aftab
5. Porridge with fruits: http://www.zaiqa.com/recipe/1245/fruity-porridge
6. Special Paratha varieties: http://www.zaiqa.com/recipe/13531/achari-paratha-besan-ka-paratha-pizza-paratha-jeera-paratha-and-punjabi-lassi-by-sara-riaz
7. Cereal bars: http://www.zaiqa.com/recipe/12963/no-bake-cereal-bars-by-zarnak-sidhwa
8. Banana and yogurt smoothie: http://www.zaiqa.com/recipe/16507/banana-honey-yogurt-smoothie-by-madiha
9. Mushroom and cheese Omelet: http://www.zaiqa.com/recipe/6152/cheese-and-mushroom-omelet-grilled-slice-and-aamras-by-fazila-qazi
10. Vegetable Karhai: http://www.zaiqa.com/recipe/8169/vegetable-karahi-and-vegetable-jalfrezi-by-zubaida-tariq
11. Mexican omelet: http://www.zaiqa.com/recipe/2896/mexican-omlet-by-shireen-anwer
Iftar Menu Ideas:
12. Vegetable Pakoray:
This is a quick iftar time recipe which is always a favorite item in the menu. You can make your own recipes by adding ingredients and enjoy different scrumptious taste. For the vegetable pakoras we have to make batter first and then prepare the vegetables.
- Basin 1 cup
- Oil 2 tbsp.
- 1 tsp. Cumin powder
- Water (as per need)
- Salt 1 tsp. (as per taste)
- Chopped green chilies (2 – 3)
- 1 potato (sliced into round small pieces)
- 1 medium sized Onion (fine chopped)
- Spinach leaves 1 cup
- Small sized 1 Cauliflower broken into small pieces
Mix Basin, oil, salt and water and beat well to make the batter fluffy. Now give a single boil to potatoes and cauliflower and drain water. Add all vegetables in the batter and mix well. Now heat the oil in a deep frying pan, and with a spoon pour the batter in the oil to make small balls. Fry the pakora balls till golden brown and serve with mint chutney.
13. Bread rolls:
Easy to make bread rolls are a tasty addition to the Ramadan menu and can be made with few ingredients. You need the following ingredients to make bread rolls:
- 5 to 6 bread slices
- 2 Boiled and mashed potatoes (medium sized)
- Salt and pepper – to taste
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh chopped coriander
- 2 Fine chopped green chilies
Take the bread slices and dip them in water for about five minutes. Now squeeze them gently making them flat. Now prepare the stuffing by mixing green chilies, coriander and mashed potatoes. With the help of a spoon spread the stuffing on the bread and turn it like a roll. Now put it in the refrigerator for some time and then deep fry till golden brown.
Other Ramadan menu iftar ideas:
14. Jalebi http://www.zaiqa.com/recipe/2721/jalebi-by-rida-aftab
15. Spring rolls http://www.zaiqa.com/recipe/10685/chicken-spring-rolls-and-vegetable-spring-rolls-by-amir-iqbal
16. Samosa http://www.zaiqa.com/recipe/16455/chicken-samosa-anday-ka-samosa-sweet-samosa-and-mix-vegetable-samosa-by-sara-riaz
17. Paneer samosa with chutney http://www.zaiqa.com/recipe/5397/qeemay-kay-triangle-samosa-paneer-samosa-methe-samosay-daal-kay-samosa-imli-podinay-ki-chutney-and-d-shape-samosay-by-sara-riaz
18. Kathiawari cholay http://www.zaiqa.com/recipe/16724/kathiawari-cholay-chicken-ala-kiev-drumstick-and-shikanjabeen-by-shireen-anwer
19. Special Chaat http://www.zaiqa.com/recipe/5313/katori-chaat-fruit-chat-corn-chaat-and-jaipuri-chaat-by-shireen-anwer
20. Fruit salad http://www.zaiqa.com/recipe/15588/chicken-tikka-pizza-fruit-salad-and-fruit-chat-by-chef-shai
21. Chicken bites http://www.zaiqa.com/recipe/16713/chicken-bites-by-shireen-anwer
22. Chili Nuggets with kairi ki chutney http://www.zaiqa.com/recipe/16709/chilli-nuggets-and-kairi-ki-chutney-by-host-kiran
23. Water melon juice http://www.zaiqa.com/recipe/16696/watermelon-sherbet-by-madiha
24. Mash ki daal k dahi baray http://www.zaiqa.com/recipe/16672/mash-ki-daal-kay-dahi-baray-and-meethay-dahi-baray-by-sara-riaz
25. Crispy fried wings http://www.zaiqa.com/recipe/16659/crispy-fried-chicken-wings-and-mango-parsley-by-chef-rahat
26. Iftar Thali http://www.zaiqa.com/recipe/16688/iftar-thali-by-chef-gulzar
27. Sahawarma http://www.zaiqa.com/recipe/16685/shawarma-by-chef-rahat
28. Crispy chicken stick http://www.zaiqa.com/recipe/16631/crispy-chicken-stick-sweet-sour-dip-peach-smoothie-and-almond-chocolate-dates-by-chef-asad
29. Aloo tikki bun kebab http://www.zaiqa.com/recipe/14271/aloo-tikki-ka-bun-kabab-by-chef-arif-dawood
30. Pakora platter with imli ki chutney http://www.zaiqa.com/recipe/16528/pakora-platter-and-imli-ki-chutney-by-chef-tahira-mateen
31. Fried crispy fish http://www.zaiqa.com/recipe/16581/crispy-fried-fish-by-farah-jahanzeb-khan
32. Lassi http://www.zaiqa.com/recipe/16578/lamkin-lassi-by-madiha
33. Kachori http://www.zaiqa.com/recipe/10499/chicken-kachori-meethi-kachori-potli-kachori-by-sara-riaz
34. Chicken mini burger http://www.zaiqa.com/recipe/16300/chicken-mini-burger-and-chocolate-shake-by-chef-amir-iqbal
Ramadan Dinner menu ideas
After isha prayers and tarawih mostly people like to have dinner in Ramadan and some people who take light food in iftar eat dinner after the maghrib prayers. Let us discuss some dinner ideas and recipes to add in the Ramadan menu.
35. Chicken Karhai:
- Karhai cut Chicken half Kg
- Chopped Tomatoes 3 to 4
- Chopped onion 1 medium sized
- Black pepper ¼ Tsp.
- Salt (according to taste)
- Chili flakes half tsp. (optional)
- Red chili powder half tsp.
- Ginger paste half tsp.
- Garlic paste 1 tsp.
- Oil 3 tbsp.
- Garam Masala powder 1 tsp.
- Fresh coriander chopped (for garnish) Green chilies 2 to 3 (for garnish)
Put oil in a pan (Karhai) and add chopped onion. Stir till the onion is pink in color and add in the chicken pieces. Let the water dry add ginger garlic paste, chili powder, chili flakes, salt, pepper and garam masala with tomatoes. Mix them well and let the chicken cook till tender. Garnish and serve with naan or rice.
36. Chicken Jalfraizi recipe (Serving size 4)
- Boneless chicken 1 kg
- Garlic paste 1 tsp.
- Ginger paste 1 tsp.
- Dhania powder half tsp.
- Salt according to taste
- Garam masala ¼ tsp. (grounded)
- Turmeric powder 1 pinch
- Oil 3 to 4 Tbs.
- Chopped onions 3 to 4 medium sized
- Thick sliced onion 2 medium sized
- Tomatoes chopped roughly 3 to 4
- 1 Capsicum (same sized slices as thick onions)
Take a pot and heat some oil. Put in the chopped onions and Sauté till the color changes to light pink or transparent. Now ass the ginger garlic paste along with turmeric powder, dhania powder and 3 to 4 chopped tomatoes. Now cover the pot with a lid and let the tomatoes soften on medium heat. Add the boneless chicken pieces and cook till the chicken is tender. Now add salt as per taste. Take some oil from the pot and pour it onto a pan. Add the thick sliced onions and capsicum along with a slices tomato (optional) and sauté for a while. Do not overcook and let the original colors of the vegetable stay. Mix vegetables in the cooked chicken and stir well now serve with rice and enjoy.
Other Ramadan menu dinner ideas:
37. Sindhi Biryani http://www.zaiqa.com/recipe/16092/sindhi-biryani-degi-korma-and-makhani-sabzi-by-zubaida-tariq
38. Achari paneer pulao http://www.zaiqa.com/recipe/16662/achari-paneer-pulao-and-delhi-samosa-chaat-by-zubaida-tariq
39. Chicken Handi http://www.zaiqa.com/recipe/16204/indian-kheer-and-chicken-handi-by-saadat-siddiqui
40. Chicken akbari http://www.zaiqa.com/recipe/16443/chicken-akbari-mango-pie-and-puff-pastry-by-chef-gulzar
41. Nihari http://www.zaiqa.com/recipe/11883/adla-nihari-nihari-masala-and-paya-nihari-by-sara-riaz
42. Baked Marconi’s http://www.zaiqa.com/recipe/16681/um-ali-baked-macaroni-arabic-style-and-bechamel-sauce-by-farah-jahanzeb-khan
43. Schezwan chicken http://www.zaiqa.com/recipe/16655/schezwan-chicken-by-chef-amir-iqbal
44. Afghani namkeen gosht http://www.zaiqa.com/recipe/16271/afghani-namkeen-gosht-and-falsay-ka-sharbat-by-chef-amir-iqbal
45. Nargisi Koftay http://www.zaiqa.com/recipe/16223/nargisi-kofta-by-chef-amir-iqbal
46. Chinese pineapple chicken with cashew nuts http://www.zaiqa.com/recipe/16235/chinese-pineapple-chicken-with-cashew-nuts-by-chef-jalal
47. Black pepper beef http://www.zaiqa.com/recipe/16109/black-pepper-beef-by-chef-amir-iqbal
48. Bhuna gosht http://www.zaiqa.com/recipe/15877/bhuna-gosht-and-mousse-caramel-by-chef-mehdi
49. Lamb chops http://www.zaiqa.com/recipe/15846/lamb-chops-by-samia-jamil
50. Special baked pasta http://www.zaiqa.com/recipe/15847/special-baked-pasta-and-lamb-korma-by-chef-amir-iqbal
In this article we have tried to suggest some Ramadan menu ideas with a hope that they will help you in creating your own perfect menu combination for Sehri, iftar and dinner. Feel free to share with us your thoughts and recipes and let other people benefit from your ideas.
Leave a Reply