Cabbage in Urdu: گوبھی
Cabbage in Roman Urdu: Gobhi
Cabbage is a green leafy vegetable, cultivated in most parts of the world. it consists of several varieties including green, purple and red. It is a very healthy vegetable and it is said that consumption of cabbage makes you look young forever a secret ingredient of Chinese people for looking young and fresh.
Health benefits of cabbage
- Cabbage is a very nutritious food, very much less in calories and fat.
- It is rich with many phyto chemicals, which fight against deadly disease like breast cancer,colon cancer and prostate cancer.
- It is very much rich in Vitamin C, very important for body.
- It is rich in minerals like manganese, zinc and folate all are very good iron sources for body.
- Rich in vitamin K, which gives you healthy bones.
Cabbage is found easily in markets throughout the year, while buying you should make sure that it i fresh and free from pesticides. The storage is method is same like for all other vegetables you can keep them outside for 2 days and just in order to maintain freshness you should keep it in fridge.
Preparation methods of cabbage
- You can cook cabbage or boil the cabbage and then use that totally depends on your need.
- You can cut the cabbage raw and use it in salad with some topping or dip.
- Fresh raw or stir fried cabbage is used alot for filling of wraps and rolls.
- Boiled cabbage juice is a very healthy and nutritious drink, and its is also added in soup.
- Cabbage mix with other vegetables like onion, spring onions, carrots, capsicum all stir fried mixed with noodles and some spices makes the famous Chinese dish "chowmein".
- In Asian side cooked cabbage recipe may include some spices, herbs and it is been cooked until it gets soft and the gravy is made with the help of tomatoes and onions and is eaten with "naan" or "roti" and is named as famous "ghobi ki sabzi" and thoroughly enjoyed, can also be served with rice.