Dhaba Dal Recipe
Dhaba Dal is tasty dish. You must try this recipe at home.
- Chana dal 2 cups
- Mash dal 1-1/2 cups
- Tomatoes slices 5-6
- Onions finely chopped 5 medium
- Ginger slices 4 inch
- Dry fenugreek leaves 5 tbsp
- Turmeric 1/2 tsp
- Salt 1-1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder 1-1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder 1 tsp
- Unsalted butter 250 gm
- Knorr chicken cube 1
- Green chilies 6
- Coriander leaves handful
- Soak chana dal and mash dal separately with water overnight.
- Then boil with separately with 1/2 tsp turmeric until tender and remove from stove.
- Now heat butter in pot, add onions and fry until soft on high flame.
- Then add tomatoes, salt, red chili powder, turmeric and 1 cup water and cook on high flame until tomatoes reduces.
- Mix knorr cubes with 1 glass hot water.
- Now add garam masala powder, dry fenugreek leaves, ginger, green chilies, chana dal, mash dal and knorr cube mixture, cover it and cook on low flame until water dries.
- Now sprinkle coriander leaves and mix it nicely.
- Now take out in serving bowl and serve hot with roti or naan.
Dhaba Dal is tasty dish. Chana dal & mash dal are soaked and boiled with turmeric separately. Then cooked with spices, tomatoes, onions, green chilies & knorr cube mixture in butter and mixed with coriander leaves. Serve with hot naan or roti.