Matar Paneer Recipe
Jan 29, 2018
Matar Paneer is tasty dish. It is an Indian dish. You must try this different dish at home.
- Fried cottage cheese cubes 3 packets
- Peas 1-1/4 cup
- Onion slices 2 small
- Chopped tomatoes 3 small
- Double cream 1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
- Red chili powder 1 tsp
- Ginger slices 1-1/2 inch
- Green chili slices 2-3
- Garam masala powder 1 tsp
- Dry fenugreek leaves 2 tbsp
- Coriander powder 1 tbsp
- Turmeric 1/4 tsp
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- Cinnamon stick 1
- Oil 1 cup
- Heat 1/2 cup oil in pan and fry onions, ginger and green chilies on high flame.
- Then add tomatoes, salt, red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric, garam masala powder and 1/2 cup water, mix it and cook on high flame until tomatoes tender.
- Then cool it and grind into paste.
- Now heat remaining oil, put cumin seeds, cinnamon stick and grinded masala and mix it nicely.
- Add fried cheese cubes, peas, fenugreek leaves and 1 cup water, mix it, cover it and cook on low-medium flame for 5 minutes.
- Now add cream, mix it nicely, cover it and simmer it for 1 minute on low flame.
- Then take out in dish, garnish with little cream and serve hot with rice or paratha or roti or naan or pori.
Matar Paneer is delicious dish. Fried cottage cheese cubes & peas are cooked with grinded tomato, onion & spices masala. Then mixed with cream, simmered and serve with rice or paratha or roti or naan or pori.