Vegetable Biryani Recipe
Vegetable Biryani is popular biryani in Pakistan. It is easy recipe to make at home.
- Rice 1 kg
- Green chilies 6
- Onions chopped 2-3
- Potatoes cubes 4-5
- Capsicum cubes 2
- Tomatoes chopped 8
- Carrots chopped 2
- Peas boiled 1 cup
- Cauliflower 1/2
- Corn 3/4 cup
- Fried onions 2 cups
- Yogurt 1 cup
- Ginger paste 1 tbsp
- Garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds 1 tbsp
- Dried fenugreek leaves 4 tbsp
- Dried plums 24
- Yellow food color 1 tsp
- Red chili powder 2 tsp
- Coriander powder 2 tsp
- Garam masala powder 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves 1 bunch
- Oil 1 cup
- Boil rice with 2 tbsp salt, 2 tbsp cumin and 3 green chilies, cook until 80% and keep it aside.
- Then heat oil in pan, add onions, ginger paste and garlic paste and cook on high flame until onions are golden.
- Now add chopped tomatoes, dried fenugreek leaves, turmeric, salt, coriander powder, red chili powder and garam masala powder, mix it nicely and cook on high flame until tomatoes are cooked and oil comes on surface.
- Then put potatoes, carrots, peas, cauliflower, corn and 1/2 cup water, mix it nicely and wait for boil.
- Then reduce flame to medium and cook until potatoes are cooked and water dries.
- Add yogurt and cook on high flame till water dries.
- Now add dried plums and capsicum, mix it, cook on high flame for 2 minutes and keep it aside.
- Mix yellow food color with kewra.
- For layer: First make layer of half vegetables in pot, then half rice, then remaining vegetables, then remaining rice and then coriander leaves.
- Then spread yellow food color mixture and put green chilies.
- Then cover pot, keep on stove and simmer it for 5 minutes on high flame then for 5 minutes on low flame.
- When ready, mix it, take out in serving dish and serve hot with raita.
Vegetable Biryani is tasty biryani. Mix vegetables are cooked with yogurt & spices and layered with boiled rice. Then mixed and served hot with raita.