Vegetable Sauce for Pasta
Oct 28, 2009
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1/2 green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 stick of celery, chopped
- 2 small courgettes, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 4 large mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp finely chopped fresh basil, or good pinch of dried
- ground black pepper
- Make the sauce while your pasta (spaghetti or shell noodles) is cooking.
- Heat the water in a saucepan, until almost boiling.
- Add the onion, capsicum and celery and sauté over low heat for 3 minutes or until softened.
- Add all remaining ingredients.
- Stir to combine.
- Cover saucepan and simmer gently for 10 minutes or until all vegetables are tender.
- Add the cooked pasta to the sauce and gently toss to combine.
- If necessary, briefly reheat.