Green peas are a combination of sweet and delicious taste and starchy texture, along with unique assortment of health protective phytonutrients, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. One of the phytonutrient, a polyphenol called coumestrol protects our body from stomach cancer. The unique phytonutrients present in it provide you with key antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits. Fresh and tender green peas are low in calories comparatively to beans and cowpeas. 100 g of peas has just 81 calories and no cholesterol, as well as they are good sources of vitamins, proteins, soluble and insoluble fiber.
Fresh pods of green peas are an excellent source of folic acid. Folate is one of the B complex vitamins that is required for DNA synthesis inside the cell. If expectant mothers take sufficient amount of folate, it would help in preventing neural tube defects in their new born babies. Peas also has good amount of vitamin C and vitamin K which plays an essential role in bone mass building function, through promoting osteotrophic activity inside the bone cell. It also prevents Alzheimer`s disease by limiting neuronal damage inside the brain. It also contains phytosterols esp. B sitosterol which helps in lowering cholesterol level in human body. Green peas also carry sufficient amount of antioxidants flavonoids like lutein, carotenes, zeaxanthin, and also vitamin A, and it`s a rich source of some minerals too such as calcium, copper, iron, zinc, and manganese.
- Unique Larki: I tried Mash ki daal yest... #
- seemva: thanks for reposting this... #
- ayeshaimran61: why can't i see any ... #
- ayeshaimran61: can't watch video ... #
- Noureen: Hi, Your secret tips f... #
- saman s: Hi I'm not able to v... #
- irfanamughal: I want to see video dhaga... #
- 12rukhsana: why is video not play? ... #
- saramoin: Why these videos of *Hot ... #