Matar Pulao Recipe
Matar Pulao is tasty dish. You can add more ingredients as per requirement.
- Rice 2 cups
- Peas 3/4 cup
- Onions 3
- Green chilies 4-5
- Cloves 6
- Black cardamom 1
- Green cardamom 3
- Red chili powder 1 tbsp
- Black pepper 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Yogurt 2 tbsp
- Oil as required
- Water 5 cups
- Soak rice in water for 1 hour.
- Then put little oil in pan, put peas and roast for few minutes.
- Then put oil in pot and fry onion until brown.
- Now put green chilies, white pepper, cloves, green cardamom, black cardamom and roast for few minutes.
- Then put yogurt and red chili powder and roast it nicely.
- Then add peas and water, cover it and cook it.
- When water boils, add soaked rice and cook on high flame.
- When water dries, low flame and simmer it for 5 minutes.
- Then take out in dish and serve with raita.
Matar Pulao is prepared with rice and peas. Peas is roasted in oil. Then roasted again with spices and green chilies. Then cooked with rice and simmered. Serve with raita.