Corn Flour in Urdu: گندم کا میدہ
Corn Flour in Roman Urdu: corn flour
In some recipes, corn flour serves as a main ingredient and in many it is used to thicken the gravy. It is considered the healthiest if we consume it with nutritious dense foods. Yellow corn flour and white corn flour have almost same benefits. Yellow corn flour is made when the dried corn kennels are dried into a powdery form. As it is gluten free, we can have it instead of the wheat grain and it is much more nutritious in minerals and vitamins then wheat.
- The element of zinc makes our cells activated and enzymes regulated.
- Zinc also helps in changing food intake into energy and stops proteins to damage.
- In a single cup of yellow corn flour we get 2 mg of zinc and 2.8 mg of iron which gives healthy circulation of oxygen in our body.
- Rich in Vitamin A and fibers which levels our blood pressure and maintains the cholesterol level in our body.
- 1 cup of yellow corn flour gives 417 calories, 4.5 grams fat, 89 grams of carbohydrates, 11 grams of proteins and 75 grams of starch.
- Lutein anti oxidant component in it gives you a cholesterol free diet.
- The level of sodium in it is less with only six mg in each cup which can reduce hypertension.
- It also contains healthy amounts of magnesium and potassium that helps lowers down blood pressure.
There are numerous recipes in which corn flour is used throughout the world. For thickening soup almost all of us use corn flour as well as in making white sauce for pastas or any other continental dish.