Yogurt in Urdu: دہی
Yogurt in Roman Urdu: Dehi
As white as snow, yogurt is a dairy product produced by two things, yogurt cultures which is a type of bacteria and milk.
Most commonly, cow's milk is used to make a good yogurt all around the world. The western side make yogurt the other way, they first heat the milk on a certain temperature and then cool it. After that they add the yogurt cultures and leave it for 7 to 8 hours. In the United States, yogurt was first used in tablets for patients who have digestion problems, later in the 1960's it became a food product. Nowadays, there are many flavors added to yogurt and surprisingly you can see in stores a sea of different types of it. There are a number of things made by adding the ingredient of yogurt like curry, tarator soup, skyr cuisine, raita and a lot of other food items.
- High levels of proteins, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, potassium, calcium and magnesium are found in yogurt.
- More nutritionally healthy then milk.
- It helps prevent osteoporosis.
- Reduces blood pressure.
- Makes you look healthy and fresh.
- Rich in zinc and lactic acid.
- A healthy ingredient for people having hair loss.
How to make yogurt at home?
It is far easier to make yogurt at home then to spend money and buy yogurt from dairy shops or stores. What you have to do is just take a small pot, add 1 tablespoon of yogurt and 2 cups of milk. Mix it well and keep it aside for the whole night, delicious yogurt is ready. So, isn't it easy? Make it, taste it and enjoy!
Yogurt for hair:
- It softens your hair and give it a healthy look.
- Helps remove nits and lies.
- Works as a conditioner for scalp which finishes itching and irritation.
- For the people having light hair, mix a cup of yogurt with 2 tbsp of lemon juice and see the change!!
Yogurt for skin:
- It works as a moisturizer and the best face wash.
- Now you can get a natural glow on your skin naturally by mixing a single tbsp of cocoa powder, 1 tbsp of honey and 4 tbsp of yogurt. Apply this mask on your skin and get rid of sun burns and wrinkles.
- Last but not the least, do you want to look young? Mix yogurt and honey together in equal amounts and apply it on your skin for 15-20 minutes and see how young you are.
Well, I must say that natural remedies are proven to be a lot more beneficial then taking a lot of medicines together in many cases. What I suggest is that try out the authentic natural therapies rather then taking tablets and you yourself would feel happy.