Thai Green Curry
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp green curry paste
- 400ml can coconut cream
- 600g chicken thigh fillets, cut into bite-size pieces
- 230g can bamboo shoots, drained
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 6 Kaffir lime leaves
- 2 tsp palm sugar or soft brown sugar
- 1 stalk lemon grass, white part only
- 2 tsp green peppercorns, drained
- 200g beans, cut into short lengths
- 1/2 cup Thai basil leaves
- Heat the oil in a wok or heavy-based pan. Add the paste and cook until fragrant.
- Add the coconut cream and 1 cup water.
- Bring to the boil, stirring, and cook for 10 minutes over high heat until oil bubbles break the surface.
- Add the chicken, bamboo shoots, fish sauce, lime leaves and sugar.
- Lightly bruise the lemon grass with the back of a knife and add. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the peppercorns and beans and cook for 10 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
- Remove the lime leaves and lemon grass and stir in the basil.