Mango Rice Pudding
- 75g pudding rice
- 8 cardamom pods (crushed)
- 500ml milk
- 3tbsp brown sugar
- 40g pistachio nuts (chopped)
- 425g mango pulp
- Boil the pudding rice in 500ml of water for 5 min’s, drain it and then return the rice to the pan and add the milk and cardamom pods.
- Let the rice simmer (uncovered) for around 30-35 minutes until creamy and thick, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the pan from the heat, take out the cardamom pods carefully, stir in the brown sugar, cover and let it cool.
- When ready to serve put rice in the bowls, spoon mango pulp on top of each bowl and sprinkle with the chopped pistachio nuts.
The delicious traditional dessert