Baked Pizza Sandwich
- 1 lb Lean Ground Beef
- 15 oz Tomato Sauce;
- 1 tsp Oregano Leaves
- 2 cups Biscuit Baking Mix (available in Super Markets)
- 1 Egg; Large
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 8 oz Mozzarella Cheese;
- 2 oz Mushrooms; Sliced, Drained,
- 1/4 cup Cheese; Grated, Extra
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cook and stir the meat in a large skillet until brown.
- Drain off the excess fat.
- Stir in half of the tomato sauce and the oregano leaves into the meat mixture.
- Heat to boiling then reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- While the meat mixture is simmering, mix the baking mix, egg and the milk.
- Measure out 3/4 cup of the batter and set aside.
- Spread the remaining batter in a greased baking pan.
- Pour into the remaining tomato sauce over the batter, spreading evenly.
- Layer 4 slices of the cheese, the meat mixture, the mushrooms and the remaining cheese on top of the batter and tomato sauce.
- Spoon the reserved batter on the top of the cheese.
- Sprinkle the batter top with the grated cheese and bake, uncovered, until it is golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes before cutting into squares and serving.
Easier to make than pizza and satisfies the cravings.