Cream of Crab Soup
- 1 Small onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 Cup chicken broth
- 1 Quart whole milk
- 1 Tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/2 Teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon mace
- 1 Dash cayenne
- salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 Pound crab meat
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour, mixed with 1 Tablespoon water or warm milk
- In a large saucepan, cook onion in butter until transparent.
- Add chicken broth and slowly pour in milk. Add all seasonings Add the crab meat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Make a paste of about 2 tablespoon flour and a little water or warm milk mixture.
- Stir paste into soup to thicken slightly.
- Remove from heat, and Serve
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
Cream of crab soup is a rich and silky soup made with cream, crab and seasonings.