Oct 30, 2009
- 3 large onions.
- 1 lit. of chicken broth
- 1lt of water.
- 6 slice of whole-wheat bread.
- 6 slices of grilling cheese.
- Salt, pepper, paprika.
- 2 garlic cloves.
- Olive oil.
- Slice the onion in rings and sprinkle some salt on top. In a big pot pour olive oil to cover the bottom.
- Stir-fry the onion until it’s translucent. Add the water and the broth.
- Cook at low heat for approximately 25 minutes.
- Set aside. In a frying pan stir-fry two garlic cloves, sliced, avoid burning or they will get bitter.
- Add a teaspoon of paprika, stir quickly and add to the onion pot. Pour the soup in a baking pan.
- Place the slices of bread, toasted, on top and put a slice of cheese over the bread.
- Keep it in the oven for some minutes until cheese melts and gets golden.