Orange Chicken with Peanuts
- 2 large. chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 x 1/2 inch strips
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 4 green onions, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 1/2 cup fresh snow peas
- 1/2 small. red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup peanuts, roasted and chopped
- In a bowl, mix soy sauce, scallions, and ginger. Add chicken and toss well, set aside.
- Combine orange juice and cornstarch, set aside.
- Heat oil wok, lightly sauté clove of garlic to flavor oil, and then take out.
- Stir fry chicken for 7 minutes; add pea pods, red pepper, peanuts, stir fry 2 minutes.
- Stir orange juice mixture, add to chicken and stir fry until slightly thickened. Serve hot.
A fruity, nutty chicken