Chanay ki daal ka halwa
- Gram lentils 3 cups
- Sugar 2 cups
- Milk powder 3 cups
- Small cardamom 3-4
- Oil 2 cups
- Wash gram lentils and soak them for 3 hours.
- Boil the gram lentils with 4 cups of water until the water dries and the lentils are tender.
- Grind the lentils in a food processor.
- In a wok, heat 1 cup oil and add cardamom.
- When it pops, add the ground lentils and stir till fragrant.
- Add sugar and mix well. Lower the heat and stir for 10 minutes.
- Add milk powder a little at a time and stir well.
- Add the remaining oil from the side while stirring continuously.
- Stir well until oil separates and spread the halwa on a tray.