Diwani Handiya, Matka Kulfi And Roghni Roti by Shireen Anwer
This video is being displayed with permission. Click here
Ingredients for Diwani Handiya:
- Spinach, Soya, Fenugreek leaves 1/2 kg (mix)
- Mutton 1/2 kg
- Onion 4 sliced
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Turmeric 1/4 tsp
- Chilli powder 1-1/2 tsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Oil 1/2 cup
- Pluck the leaves of all the greens, discard the stems and wash well.
- Blanch the greens in half cup water and blend.
- Heat oil and fry onions till light golden. Add ginger garlic paste along with salt, turmeric and chilli powder.
- Add 1/4 cup water and fry well. Add mutton and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add 2 cups water and cover. Cook till the mutton is tender.
- Add in the blended greens, cook on low flame till oil comes on top, serve hot.
Ingredients for Matka Kulfi:
- Almonds 1/2 cup
- Condensed milk 3/4 cup
- Whipped cream 1/2 cup
- Powderd cardamom 1 pinch
- Pistachios chopped few
- Saffron 1 pinch
- Mix all the ingredients except for the pistachios and saffron in a large bowl.
- Beat the mixture for about 2-5 minutes until soft over a bowl of ice.
- Now put this mixture in a conical mould.
- Sprinkle it with chopped pistachios and saffron.
- Keep in the freezer for about 8 to 10 hours.
- Mutka Kulfi is ready.
Ingredients for Roghni Roti:
- Flour 3 cups
- Ghee 3 tbsp heaped
- Milk 1/2 cup
- Cream 3 tbsp
- Salt 1 tsp leveled
- Sugar 1 tbsp
- Yeast 1 tsp
- Extra ghee for brushing
- Mix salt, sugar, yeast and ghee with flour till it resembles bread crumbs.
Add milk and cream and knead to a soft dough, cover and leave aside for 2 hours.
- Divide the dough into 8 portions, take 1 portion between your palms, roll into a ball, lightly dust the ball with flour, place in a table, roll it out to a disc of about 6 inches.
- Repeat this step with all the portions of dough.
- Heat a griddle, place the roti, cook for 1 minute on each side until light golden and crisp.
- Remove and brush with ghee. Serve with diwani handiya.
Recipe of Diwani Handiya, Matka Kulfi And Roghni Roti by Shireen Anwer in Masala Mornings on Masala Tv