Cream of Spinach Soup Recipe
Cream of Spinach Soup is popular soup. You must try this soup at home. You can use vegetable stock and vegetable cubes instead of chicken stock and chicken cubes.
- Onion chopped 1 cup
- Butter 2-3 tbsp
- Fresh spinach chopped 2 cups or 1 bunch
- Potatoes 2 (peeled and quartered)
- Chicken stock 1-1/2 cups
- Water 1-1/2 cups
- Knorr chicken cubes 2-3
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Sour cream 3/4 cup + for topping
- Croutons for serving
- Put butter in large saucepan and sauté onion on medium flame for 4 minutes or until translucent.
- Then add potatoes, chicken stock, water and chicken cubes and bring to boil.
- Then reduce flame to low, cover it and simmer it for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Now add chopped spinach and cook for 2 to 4 minutes or until spinach tender.
- Then blend soup in blender in batches until puree.
- Then return to sauce pan, add salt and black pepper and mix it.
- Then bring to just before simmering on medium flame.
- Now add sour cream and whisk with immersion blender (hand blender).
- Then take out in bowls, top with sour cream and serve hot or chilled with croutons.
Cream of Spinach Soup is delicious soup. Potatoes, chicken stock & chicken cubes are boiled and simmered. Then cooked with chopped spinach. Then blended, mixed with sour cream and served in soup bowls with cream topping & croutons.