- 1 puffed rice (1 carton rice krispies)
- 1 pkg bhel mix or sev
- 2 cup mashed boiled potatoes, mashed crudely
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 1 leaves
- 3 tablespoon freshly roasted and ground cumin
- to taste green chillies
- freshly ground black pepper
- to taste tamarind
- to taste jaggery (or brown sugar)
- 1 cup chopped onions.
- First boil the potatoes. Mash them and salt them, add pepper to taste. Add some coriander leaves too.
- Roast the cumin and grind it.
- Dissolve about 4 tbsp of Tamarind concentrate in 1 cup of hot water, and let it simmer to thicken gradually. Dissolve the jaggery (or sugar) till the sauce becomes tart and slightly sweet.
- The sauce should be of a consistency slightly thinner than maple syrup.
- Pour into a serving container (like a creamer). Mix the puffed rice and sev/bhel mix in a large bowl.
- On your plate, serve yourself the rice-bhel mixture, add the potatoes, then the onions, chillies, dust the cumin powder over it.
- Then pour the sauce. Top with the coriander garnish.
- Add salt/pepper to taste.
A traditional and everyone’s favorite appetizer