- 1 cup Baisan
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-2 green chilies, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 potato, sliced 1/4 thick
- 1 small cauliflower, broken into very small florets
- 1 cup spinach leaves, torn
- 1 1/2 cups onions, halved and sliced
- Boil the potato slices until just tender.
- In a bowl, mix all batter ingredients well. Beat in a blender for 4-5 minutes to incorporate air (to make the batter fluffier). Let batter rest 1/2 hour in a warm place.
- Add the vegetables and mix in evenly.
- Deep fry in oil until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and serve immediately.
- Serve hot with our cilantro or mint chutney or cucumber raita.
Vegetable Pakora is a simple, fast yet delicious dish. These battered and deep fried vegetable bits are great served by themselves as a snack or as an appetizer or side dish.