Sausage & Cheddar Mini Quiches
- 1/2 cup of butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup all -purpose flour
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 pound sausage
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- A dash of cayenne pepper
- Mix the butter and the cream cheese in a medium bowl until creamy and blend in the flour.
- Refrigerate the butter, cream cheese, flour mixture for 1 hour and then roll into 1 1/2” to 2” balls.
- Press the balls into muffin cups and preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Crumble the sausage into a small skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until browned and drain off the excess fat.
- Sprinkle the sausage evenly into the pastry shells in the muffin cups and then top with the cheddar cheese and chives.
- Whisk the eggs, half -and-half, salt, and the cayenne pepper together until well blended and pour the mixture over the sausage in the pastry shells.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until set.
- Serve hot
Can be served as breakfast, cocktail party appetizer or simply with meals