Chocolate Coffee Cups
- 150 gm plain (semi-sweet) chocolate
- 20 ml instant coffee powder
- 30 ml hot water
- 4 egg whites
- 100 gm caster sugar
- Chocolate shavings, to decorate
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of hot water (or melt in the microwave).
- Dissolve the coffee in the water and stir into the chocolate.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff.
- Whisk in half the sugar until stiff and glossy. Gradually, fold in the remainder.
- Fold into the chocolate mixture.
- Spoon into six coffee cups and chill until set.
- Serve cold sprinkled with chocolate shavings.
An easy to prepare and sinfully delicious chocolate coffee dessert.