Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake
- 1 3/4 cups cake flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 squares unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, sift flour; measure. Add baking soda, salt, and sugar; sift together 3 times.
- In a separate mixing bowl, cream butter and peanut butter until well blended; add melted chocolate and blend well.
- Add sifted dry ingredients (i.e. flour, baking soda and salt), milk, and vanilla.
- Stir until all flour is moist; beat for 1 minute. Grease two 8-inch layer cake pans; line bottom with waxed paper.
- Turn batter into prepared cake pans.
- Bake at 350° in preheated 350°F for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick or cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Ice with icing.
If you like peanut butter with chocolate, you will love this cake.