- 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup besan flour
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tsp ground chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp curry powder
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup water
- 130g can corn kernels, drained
- 1 potato, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cauliflower
- oil, for shallow frying
- Filter the flours into a large bowl.
- Add the coriander, chili, garam masala, cumin, curry powder and garlic.
- Gradually add water, beating well to form a smooth batter.
- Add the corn, potato, zucchini, carrot and cauliflower to the batter.
- Mix well and season to taste. Heat 1-2 cm oil in a frying pan.
- Add tablespoons of the mixture to the oil and cook in batches for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden and puffed.
- Drain well on paper towels.