Apple Mashed Potatoes
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium apples, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup chicken, cooked cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 small onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- A dash ground nutmeg
- In a large saucepan place the potatoes, apples and salt; add enough water to cover.
- Bring to a boil; cover and cook for 12 minutes.
- On the other hand, in a small pan, sauté onion in oil until tender.
- Drain the potatoes and apples.
- Add the butter, vinegar and sugar; and mash until smooth.
- Top with chicken, onion and nutmeg.
- Serve hot.
A different kind of mashed potatoes