- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 1/2 cup of Butter
- 1 teaspoon of softened butter extra
For The Apple Filling:
- 4 cups of chopped apples
- 1 1/4 cups of sugar
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- 1/2 cup of butter
- Blend the flour and ½ cup butter in a bowl and then stir in enough water to make stiff dough.
- Roll the dough out on a floured surface into a 10 X 14 inch rectangle and spread with butter.
- In a bowl, combine 3 cups of the chopped apples with 1 cup of sugar and spread over the pastry.
- Roll as if making a jelly roll and place in a crescent shape in a greased 8 X 12 inch baking pan.
- Mix the remaining apples, sugar, and flour together and place around the roll. Add 2 cups of water to the pan and dot the roll with butter.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 45 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Soft sweet apples that are wrapped around an apple chew can only be described in one way- delicious.