Hyderabadi Biryani by Zubaida Tariq
Dec 17, 2014
- Mutton 1 kg
- Rice 1 kg
- Yogurt 1 cup
- Warm milk 1 cup
- Ghee 1 cup
- Chopped onions 4
- Cloves 4
- Lemons 6
- Green chilies 6
- Black peppercorn 8
- Small cardamom 8
- Chopped mint leaves 1 bunch
- Yellow food color 1 pinch
- Black cumin 1 tsp
- White vinegar 1 tbsp
- Red chili powder 1 tbsp
- Raw papaya paste 2 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste 1-1/2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Put mutton, papaya paste, chili powder. ginger garlic paste, 4 lemon juice, small cardamom, 1/2 bunch mint leaves, green chilies, black pepper and cloves in pot, mix it nicely and leave for 30 minutes.
- Now keep it on low flame on stove and remove it when water dries.
- Heat oil in second pot and fry onion until golden brown, take it out, spread on paper and also put meat in hot oil.
- Now put rice, some mint leaves, 2 green chilies, small cardamom, black cumin, salt and white vinegar in big pot, boil 2/4 and drain water.
- Then grease rice pot, make layer of half rice and spread meat mixed oil.
- Then put crushed half fried onion.
- Then put 2 lemon juice and remaining rice.
- Now mix food color in warm milk and spread on rice.
- Also put remaining rice, lemon juice and 1 tbsp raw ghee.
- Then keep on tawa, cover it and keep on high flame for 5-10 minutes.
- Then keep flame low.
- When steams comes up, serve biryani with raita and achar.
Recipe of Hyderabadi Biryani by Zubaida Tariq in Handi on Masala TV