Punjabi Chana Kofta And Kacha Golla by Chef Saadat Siddiqui
- In a pan boil milk. when it comes to a boil add in the coconut and let it curdle then sieve it in a malmal cloth.The batter is ready.
- In a Pan cook cheese (paneer) and sugar.
- Then add in khoya and cook well.
- Next add in dry milk and mix then take it out in a tray let it cool off.
- Add in cardamoms and grounded pistachios and mix
- In the end make balls (ladoo) and coat in the khoya batter.
- Garnish with glazed cherries and serve.
Punjabi Chana Kofta
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and mix well. Once mixed make koftas
- In hot oil fry the koftas.
- Soak chickpeas in water for 6-8 hours.
- On a low flame boil the chickpeas for 4-5 minutes
- In a pan fry onions till they are golden brown then add in ginger garlic paste, red chili powder, turmeric,caraway seeds,salt , carom , green chilies and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Now add in the makai ka atta and cook on low heat for 5-10 minutes then add in the koftas and keep it on dam
- In the end sprinkle garam masala and black pepper powder.
- serve with hot rotis.
Rooh afzah forzen yogurt
- Mix milk and milk powder together with an electric beater beat it and keep it in the freezer.
- When it starts to solidify take it out and beat the mixture again using an electric whisk and then keep it back in the freezer.
- In a sauce pan pour skimmed milk and gelatin and cook on low flame. Then add in rooh afzah and take it off the flame.
- Pour it in a mixing bowl and add gelatin, skimmed milk, vanilla essence, sugar , yogurt and mix well.
- Add in the milk that was kept in the freeze into this mixture and beat on high speed using an electric beater.
- Serve while chilled.
Recipe of Punjabi Chana Kofta And Kacha Golla by Chef Saadat Siddiqui in Lifestyle Kitchen With Chef Saadat on Ary Zindagi