Handi Biryani by Chef Saadat Siddiqui
- Chicken - 1 to 1 1/2 kg
- Water - 2 cups
- Oil - 1 cup
- Red chili powder - 2 tbsp
- Turmeric - 1 tsp
- Coriander powder - 1 tbsp
- Zeera powder - 1 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Rice - 1/2 kg
- Yogurt - 1 cup
- Mayonnaise - 2 tbsp
- Crushed green chilies - 2 tbsp
- Dry Plum - 8 to 10
- Fresh coriander leaves - as required
- Mint Leaves - as required
- Green chilies - 4 to 5
- Ginger(thinly sliced) - 3 tbsp
- Mix Spice powder - 1 tsp
- Kewra - 1/2 tsp
- Red colour - 2 pinch
- Cooked Onions - 2 medium sized
- Put chicken in a big pan, add water, oil, red chili powder, turmeric, coriander powder, zeera powder, salt and mix well.
- Cover the lid and keep the flame high.
- Meanwhile, boil rice adding 3 tbsp of salt in it and water.
- Check the chicken, it should be fully cooked.
- Open the lid and wait till the water gets evaporated.
- In a bowl put yogurt, mayonnaise, crushed green chilies, dry plum, fresh coriander, mint leaves, green chilies, ginger, mix spic powder, kewra, red colour and mix well. Now add cooked onions and mix well.
- Over the chicken spread this mixture.
- Now spread boiled rice over it.
- Put 1 to 2 tbsp of oil over it and a splash of water.
- Cover the lid and turn the stove slow and ut it on dum for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
Handi Biryani is prepared with Chicken, Rice, Yogurt and Green Chilies.