- Long eggplant 4-6
- Tamarind pulp 1 cup
- Green chilies 4
- Fenugreek seeds few
- White cumin 1 tsp
- Turmeric 1 tsp
- Onion seeds 1 tsp
- Crushed red chili 1 tbsp
- Jaggery 1 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Roasted & crushed white cumin 1/2 tsp
- Oil as required
- Salt to taste
- Cut eggplant into long slice and soak in salted water.
- Now heat oil in wok and put fenugreek seeds.
- When aroma comes, mix ginger garlic paste, turmeric and red chili and put in oil.
- Then heat oil in other pan, deep fry eggplant slices until golden brown and put in masalay.
- Then put jaggery, salt, tamarind pulp, green chilies, white cumin and onion seeds and simmer it on low flame.
- Gujarati baigan is ready.
Gujarati Baigan is an Indian cuisine. It is spicy dish. You must try this recipe at home.