Gujarati Baingan Recipe
- Eggplant 4-5 long
- Tamarind pulp 1 cup
- Green chilies 4
- Fenugreek seeds 1 tsp
- Turmeric 1 tsp
- Onion seeds 1 tsp
- Red chilies crushed 1 tbsp
- Jaggery 1 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
- White cumin roasted & crushed 1/2 tbsp
- Oil as required
- Salt to taste
- Cut eggplants in long nicely and soak in salted water.
- Now heat oil in wok and put fenugreek seeds.
- When aroma comes, put ginger garlic paste, turmeric and red chilies.
- Then heat oil in other pan, deep fry eggplants slices till golden brown and put in masalay.
- Then put jaggery, salt, tamarind pulp, green chilies, white cumin and onion seeds and simmer it on low flame.
- It is ready.
Gujarati Baingan is Indian cuisine. Eggplants are deep fried and cooked with green chilies and spices. You must try this recipe.