Aloo Gosht Recipe
Aloo Gosht is very popular meat dish in Pakistan. It is prepared with potatoes, mutton, yogurt and spices.
- Mutton 1/2 kg
- Potatoes 1/2 kg
- Tomatoes 3
- Onions chopped 2
- Green chilies 6
- Coriander leaves as required
- Yogurt 125 gm
- Ginger garlic paste 2 tbsp
- Red chili powder 2 tbsp
- Turmeric 1 tsp
- Cumin powder 1 tsp
- Coriander powder 1 tsp
- All spice powder 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Small cardamom 5
- Big cardamom 4
- Black pepper whole 10
- Cloves 3
- Cinnamon 3
- Oil 1/4 cup
- Heat oil in pot, put onions and fry until pink.
- Then add small cardamom, big cardamom, black pepper, cloves and cinnamon and fry until onion is brown.
- Now put ginger garlic paste and fry it.
- Then put mutton and fry it nicely.
- Then put tomatoes, mix it , cover and cook until tomatoes are soft.
- Then put turmeric, cumin powder, coriander powder, red chili powder and salt and mix it nicely.
- Now put beaten yogurt and roast it slightly.
- Then add water, cover it and cook until mutton tender.
- When mutton tender, put potatoes and green chilies and cook until potatoes tender.
- Then take out in dish, garnish with coriander leaves and serve.
Aloo Gosht is tasty and spicy dish. Mutton is cooked with tomatoes and yogurt. Then cooked with potatoes & green chilies and garnished with coriander leaves. Serve with rice or naan.