Thadal is summer drink. Make it at home in Ramadan.
- Water 1 liter
- Sugar 1 kg
- Almonds peeled & soaked 1 cup
- Melon seeds (char maghaz) 1 tbsp
- Fennel seeds 1 tbsp
- Green cardamom 1 tbsp
- Poppy seeds 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds 1 tbsp
- Soak fennel seeds, melon seeds, poppy seeds, green cardamom and cumin seeds in 1 cup water overnight.
- Then put water in sugar in pan and cook it.
- Now put almonds, melon seeds, fennel seeds, green cardamom, cumin seeds and little water in blender and blend it nicely.
- Now strain water of this mixture and put in sugar syrup. (Discard poppy seeds, melon seeds, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, almonds and green cardamom).
- Now cook sugar syrup more 5-10 minutes and remove from flame.
- Then cool it, store in bottle and keep in fridge.
- When to use, take out in glasses and serve.
Thadal is healthy and summer heat drink. Water and sugar is cooked. Then almonds, poppy seeds, cumin seeds, melon seeds, green cardamom & almonds are blended with water and water is strained. Then poured in sugar syrup and cooked more. Then chill in fridge and serve.