Prawn Biryani Recipe
Prawn Biryani is very popular rice dish in Pakistan. You can make it at home easily.
- Rice 1 kg
- Prawns (cleaned & washed) 1 kg
- Ginger paste 1 tbsp
- Garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Brown onion 2 cups
- Tomatoes chopped 5-6
- Green chilies 7-8
- Coriander leaves 1 bunch
- Mint leaves 20 leaves
- Yogurt 2 cups
- Red chili powder 4 tsp
- Garam masala 2 tsp
- Turmeric 1 tsp
- Curry leaves 20
- Kewra 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Yellow color 2 pinch
- Milk 1/2 cup
- Oil 1-1/2 cup
- Wash rice nicely and soak in water for 30 minutes.
- Now boil rice with 10 curry leaves in salted water until all done.
- Then drain water and keep it aside.
- Now heat oil in pot, add onions, ginger paste, garlic paste, salt, turmeric and red chili powder and cook for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Then add tomatoes and fry it nicely until tomatoes tender.
- Now add yogurt and fry it nicely.
- Then add prawns, garam masala powder and green chilies, cover it and cook until prawns are cooked and oil comes on top.
- Then sprinkle coriander leaves, mint leaves and remaining curry leaves.
- Now spread half rice in pot.
- Then spread prawn mixture.
- Then spread remaining rice.
- Then mix milk and with yellow color.
- Then put yellow color mixture and kewra and simmer it for 20 to 25 minutes.
- When ready, take out in serving dish and serve hot with raita.
Prawn Biryani is tasty rice dish. Prawns are cooked with spices, yogurt and tomatoes. Then mixed with boiled rice and milk & yellow color mixture. Serve with raita.