Koyla Karahi Recipe
Koyla Karahi is very popular karahi in Karachi, Pakistan. You must try this recipe at home.
- Chicken karahi pieces 1-1/2 kg
- Tomatoes chopped 3/4 kg
- Dry fenugreek seeds 1-1/2 tbsp
- Red chilies crushed 5 tsp
- Roasted & crushed cumin seeds 2 tsp
- Black pepper powder 1 tsp
- Ginger paste 1 tbsp
- Garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Butter 75 gm
- Green chilies 10
- Coriander leaves chopped 1/2 bunch
- Salt to taste
- Oil 1 cup
- Coal 1
- Heat butter and oil in wok.
- Now add chopped tomatoes and cook on high flame until tomatoes are reduced and oil comes on surface.
- Then add ginger paste, garlic paste, black pepper powder, salt, crushed red chilies and cumin seeds and mix it nicely.
- Now add chicken and cook on high flame until it color changes.
- Then add 3/4 cup water, mix it nicely and bring to boil on high flame.
- Then cover it and cook on medium flame until chicken is cooked and oil comes on surface.
- Now add fenugreek seeds, green chilies and coriander leaves and cook on high flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Then heat oil, put in small bowl, keep in wok, put little oil and cover wok until smoke settles.
- Then take out in serving bowl and serve hot with naan and raita.
Koyla Karahi is mouth-watering and tasty main course dish. Tomatoes are cooked in oil and butter. Then mixed with spices, cooked with chicken, green chilies & coriander leaves and given smoke of coal. Served with hot naan and raita.